Thursday 5 December 2013

Did someone say Morrowind?

Okay, confession; I've never played any ES game other than Morrowind, though Oblivion is soon to be tried. But that aside: Morrowind. Da-da-daaaaa!
(That was a textual attempt at the theme song in case you're confused.)

Morrowind is the 3rd part of the Elder Scrolls series, which would probably be now known as "those words that come before SKYRIM" to the new generation of gamers. Now you're all informed, moving on.

Morrowind is a great game. Unfortunately, it is often overlooked. I loved Morrowind, and being someone who is somewhat partial to graphics, that is saying something. It was the whole freedom, simplicity coupled with complexity, and the constant gloomy and oppresive atmosphere that I relished. Albeit never having completed the entire game, I did manage to see quite a lot of the marvelous mountain side region. The combat was surprisingly gripping. Now, this could be an eye-opener for anyone who's played the game. I mean, honestly, it was kind of broken. But the whole charging and releasing deal was strangely action-packed.

In my opinion, Morrowind wasn't a perfect game. Why? Walking. I despised Morrowind's "speed" stat, which literally affects your speed. Yeah, we get basically become a snail with a sword. Yay.

Well, I guess that can be overlooked, I mean, it's Morrowind we're talking about. Tantara-tara-ra-ra-ra!
Singing off! *hurhurhur*

No comments:

Post a Comment